Department of Complex System (DUZ)
Room 16, building 88
|tel.||+48 22 273 16 87|
|tel./fax||+48 22 273 16 87|
|Director of the Department|
Professor Wojciech Wiślicki
+48 22 273 29 38
Department scope of activities
1. To operate/maintain/develop Świerk Computer Centre (CIS), an IT infrastructure built to enable/support studies of very complex systems.
2. To conducts R&D works on IT technologies.
3. To offer computational/implementation services.
- Laboratory for Information Technologies (UZ1)
- Division of Nuclear Energy and Environmental Studies (UZ3)
Laboratory for Information Technologies (UZ1)
- To operate CIS high-performance IT infrastructure.
- To maintain/develop the infrastructure.
- To take care of the IT security within the Centre/for all Centre’s remote users.
- To provide basic networking/operating system services.
- To provide application services related to IT technologies.
- To carry out related R&D works.
Division of Nuclear Energy and Environmental Studies (UZ3)
1. Safety analyses of nuclear reactors and related technical facilities.
2. R&D works on:
- modelling of new reactor technologies
- heat-flow computations, both in complex natural systems (atmosphere, rock formations) and industrial facilities (cooling systems, transport systems, other systems)
- mathematical methods/computational models/other software tools dedicated for various safety/threat/risk analyses in case of severe accidents in nuclear/chemical facilities, during transport of dangerous substances, or connected with emission of pollutants to the environment (health hazards, environmental hazards)
3. Development of methods dedicated to data analysis/reconstruction/simulation in various applications, in particular medical and biological ones.